Namaskaram - salutations

Namaskaram - salutations I dedicate my blog to the enormous art lovers across the globe I love knitting so much that I have started a blog for knitting.Knitting is a job that I will like to go on.Through knitting I breathe life into many people's life. It is knitting time. When I want to relax I do it with knitting. I am a knitting buff.I love to do knitting on various topics. There is no way that you can stop me doing knitting.I am born with a flare for knitting.My face brightens once I touch the knitting needs.The electronic media has helped knitting to travel across the world.Every stitch made will talk about how knitting has influenced people.I have done some and would like to share it with you. Some patterns have been taken from free knitting sites. Some designs have been created by me. Many a times I have modified the patterns to suite my requirements. Finally I can say that I breathe knitting, I talk knitting, I walk knitting - a total knitaholic

Thank You

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your appreciations are most welcome

My sweet buddies

Friday, October 20, 2017

6. Brahma's creation - ganesha purana

6. Lord Brahma’s creation
From Sri Ganesha Purana by Dr.Akila Sivaraman

Brahma started his work of creating various creatures. Unfortunately, no creation was up to his satisfaction. They were not only different from whatever he conceived, but also disobedient to him.

Thoroughly put out by what was happening around him, Brahma proceeded to pray to Lord Vinayaka, the remover of obstacles. A splendid vision appeared before him on a vast stretch of ocean. A pretty little object floated on a ripe leaf on the surface of water. Brahma went near the object and to his great surprise; it was a beautiful child in deep clumber. When he touched the baby softly, he saw Lord Vinayaka to whom he narrated about the utter failure he met with in his task of creations.

Lord Vinayaka pointed out Brahma’s conceit to start work without thinking of him and advised him to recite his Ekakshara Mantra [Gam] and restart the work.

Brahma realised his folly, stood on one leg on a lotus and prayed for 12 years continuously, reciting Lord Vinayaka’s Ekakshara Mantra. The two great powers of Wisdom and Action were invoked by his prayers, which came to him in the form of Achievement [Siddhi] and Intelligence [Buddhi]. The two were born as his daughters, as requested by him. the creation of the world was now made easy by praying to Siddhi – Buddhi-Vinayaka.

At the beginning, he created seven sons from his mental strength, but they did not carry on with his work, instead they went to seek salvation by meditation. Brahma again created another seven sons, but they also followed in the footsteps of their brothers.

Now, four sages and sage Narada were created. Four different sects of people who inhabited the earth were born from the face, shoulders, thighs and legs of Brahma.

The sun emanated from Brahma’s bright eyes, the Moon originated from his thoughts, Indra, Prana and the rest were created next.

Heaven emerged from his head, the Sky came out of his belly, the Earth originated from his feet and thus Brahma completed his work in stages.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...